Saturday, September 22, 2018

Making Movies #1

download this award winning book

Making Movies

(excerpt)
ANTHONY WHALE: I suppose I forced myself into the company. I was thirty years old and still doing commercials on television for toothpaste and laundry detergent. If I was going to make it as a professional actor I knew I’d have to make my move soon. I didn’t want to be a big name actor, no star or anything like that. I just wanted to act. I love it. Before an audience, a camera, a mirror. My wife says I just haven’t grown up. Perhaps. I tried to kick it once. Took a civilian job. Insurance agent. Drove me its. Sure, financially we did all right. I was good at selling insurance. And I had two kids and a wife to feed and clothe. But I started to drink. I was miserable. And I think I was going a little crazy. I began to see things. Not see things but believe things. For example one day I’d believe that it as raining out so I’d leave the house with an umbrella and it would be a bright sunny day. Or else I’d get the feeling while reading the newspaper that a cat was rubbing its back up against my leg. We didn’t have any pets. I’d rush to the office only to find that it was closed. It was Saturday. The wife and I had some long conversations about this and it was decided at I should return to acting. The wife’s only condition was that I get some permanent ongoing type of work and not do commercials. I heard about this company Sam was forming. I got an interview. I just layed it all it for him. He swallowed my story. I was always good at selling things…
https://downtownislington.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/cover150-2.jpg

No comments: