Saturday, June 9, 2018

Somewhere


DOWNLOAD ‘SOMEWHERE’
Loosely based on the movie The Grand Hotel, the novel takes place at a prestigious hotel in Niagara Falls. The timeline is a surreal blend of the 1930s and today. There are affairs, murders, and bad language. And everyone is somewhat crazy.
Jazz plays an integral part in the story. If I was permitted I would have particular pieces of music playing as readers read.
I wrote a series of outlines that were supposed to be expanded into full throttle novels but after leaving the pieces for several years, I realized that I liked the outlines as a novel. Brief flashes of fiction with illustrations as if they were trailers. The reader fills in the details.
The first two novels in this series are:
Property.
Assassins
The characters are fictional. Any comparison to real people is coincidental.
I was watching some old Charlie Chaplin silent films. Except that they aren’t silent. People are talking quite a bit. It’s just that you can’t hear what they’re saying. The audience has to infer what’s going on. They are less passive than with talkies. And that’s how I’d like to see these novels read. The audience must participate.

No comments: